Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sorting things out

My life is too hectic. (Hence the lack op posts.) I've got to start getting my priorities sorted out. My job takes a considerable amount of time and because I hate the job, it consumes even more energy. Then there's my voluntary work consuming about ten to twelve hours a week... all while I should be studying the bigger part of my time. (And I'm not. I manage to spend about 20 hours on my study if I have a good week.)

This realization is finally setting in while I'm sitting at home, being sick. Studying is not really an option today because my intestinal cramps, my constant runs for the toilet and an annoying headache. I'm not doing anything today so I've finally had time to think about the way things are going.

I really need to start saying 'no' to people more often. No more extra tasks. No more sleepovers at my place. No help painting your new home. No extra hours at work. I'm finally realizing I'm really too tired and too stressed out! I'm always there to help out others, but I need to start to think more about my own life, health and career. I need to sleep more, work out more and study more. All other things are of less importance until I've got my PharmD degree. Unfortunately I have to keep working to be able to eat, but I should keep an eye out for a better job. I've got a MSc in Pharmacy for heaven's sake! There should be some better part-time job out there.

No comments: