Monday, June 20, 2005

Beautiful building

Last Saturday I had a tour through one of the most remarkable buildings of Groningen, the Gasunie headquarters. ("Gasunion" is the government owned company that exploits the big natural gas fields under The Netherlands.) Wow, what a building! I've been looking at the beautiful outside for almost ten years now, but never had the chance to take a look inside.

It’s an organic building, meaning there are no straight (90ยบ) corners in the building. There's a complete jungle inside the 87 meter high building and it's filled with beautiful art. It’s amazing how pleasant the building feels, if I’d work in a building like this I think I’d love to go to work every day. And apparently I’m not the only one; Gasunie has a record low rate of sick-leave amongst their employees.

It's a shame places like this are not publicly accessible. :(

No comments: