Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Weekend report

I’ve recovered; and it was a great weekend. (And the weather wasn't as bad as I expected!)

I had a lot of fun; I had dinner (Ostrich Steak) at the Getto with some friends on Friday from 8:00 PM until 11:30 PM, after which we celebrated the start of our Gay Pride weekend at the nearby street party in the Warmoesstraat. We had a lot of fun judging outfits of men entering The Eagle.

On Saturday I went to work with the friend I was staying with. And I shouldn’t have done that. She works in the 'P.C. Hooftstraat', the most expensive and excusive shopping street in the country. It was sale and most shops offered a 70% discount on their spring/summer collection... I couldn't resist to pull out my creditcard at the Armani, Boss and Ralph Lauren stores. The result:

  • 1 pair of Emporio Armani swimming trunks
  • 1 Hugo Boss (Orange Label) belt
  • 2 Ralph Lauren shirts

All together it has cost me less than one Ralph Lauren shirt at the regular price. I'm especially happy about my new belt (note: my belly is not as white as it looks in this picture):

After my financial irresponsibility I went to the annual Canal Parade, where I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in three years. The parade was a bit more tame compared to previous editions, but it was fun. Here's a link to a selection of pictures on my Flickr site to get an impression.

In the evening I went out for dinner and drinks with some friends; we danced at the streetparties in the Reguliersdwarsstraat and on the Amstel.

On Sunday I took a series of pictures of the friend I was staying with. She´s a poet and needed some publicity pictures for interviews and for the website I'm developing for her. I´ll post some of those pics tomorrow.

No comments: