Friday, July 01, 2005

Gay TV

Yesterday Logo kicked off; the first all gay TV station for the US. At first I thought gay TV was something ridiculous. An occasional gay themed program on regular TV is enough for me and is far more useful for acceptation; straight people might come across it and learn something.

But now, looking at the Logo site, I have to confess I’d probably want a subscription if I lived in the US. The programming sounds great! They broadcast many movies I liked and movies I want to see but can’t find at my DVD rental store. They even broadcast "Antonia’s Line" (Original title: "Antonia"), an Academy Award winning Dutch film... I’m shocked! I think that’s a high quality, for American understanding somewhat strange art house film.

I’m curious what the impact of the channel will be and if they’ll be available nationwide in the US anytime soon. And I’m curious if they’ll produce quality original programming that will be broadcasted on Dutch TV. That would be nice...

No comments: