Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Lesbians, astrology, neighbors and a hangover

Phew... it has taken me some time to recover from last weekend, but I’m back. I had a fun barbecue party with a bunch of lesbians on Saturday. It was a great evening; hadn't laughed that much in a long time and I very wisely did not drink too much like I tend to do on Saturdays. And I had my horoscope drawn; after 29 years I finally know my ascendant is Virgo. But... can anybody tell me why so many lesbians are into astrology?

On Sunday, I overcompensated for not drinking that much on Saturday. I walked out my door to rent a DVD at 5 PM and I found my two fabulously bouncy neighbors sitting on the bench in front of one of their homes, drinking rosé wine and giggling. They’re two divorced thirty-something women and they are really great fun. When it comes to men and sex, I suddenly feel like a saint hearing their stories. They invited me over to join them; we didn’t stop drinking, chatting and laughing until we ran out of wine at about 12 AM. To finish off the evening we went to a local gay bar for an hour or so, where I think I gave my phone number to a Russian boy, but I’m not sure...

wine

I really had a terrible hangover on Monday, like I haven’t had in a very long time. I wasn’t able to perform even the simplest tasks and I’ve sworn never to drink again...

No comments: